Nobody wants a cold or the flu but most of us, especially children can catch up to a dozen colds a year. Luckily as we get older, most adults catch only 2 to 4.
At Appleton we offer the following suggestions to help decrease the number of colds your family members catch:
• Place boxes of tissues throughout the house. While not the highest fashion for your décor having a tissue very close at hand can help assure sneezes are caught and tossed, not sprayed.
• Wear mittens or gloves when out. Not just to keep your hands warm but to avoid touching common surfaces such as door knobs. Then toss the mittens in with the weekly wash.
• Wash your hands as soon as you get home from school or work.
• Frequently wipe shared surfaces including door knobs, light switches, stair rails and the microwave door with a disinfectant wipe. Our professional cleaners disinfect these surfaces with our regular cleaning, however an extra wipe or two between cleanings is a great idea during cold and flu season.
• And while you have a wipe handy, give the TV remote and computer mice and track pads a quick wipe too. We hope these tips help keep your family healthier so you can enjoy sharing the good times and holiday cheer.